Sheesh, I can't believe it's been an entire week since I last posted. It
sure is easy to lose track of something I intend to do regularly.
Things I've been grateful for this week:
– everyone who wished me farewell, at PRTC where they cooked an incredible
feast, with YOP where I got to eat my favorite fish pepper soup, and at my
house where we had a huge crowd and a good time.
– a relatively uneventful busride from Bamenda to Yaounde. Oh, except that
the bus fell into a roadside gutter (3 ft deep) five minutes after leaving
the bus park. But many men make light work and they love a project, so we
were out of the hole and on our way within 45 minutes or so.
– a fast Internet connect at the VSO office which helped me get on board
with an online class I am doing as well as send a bunch of documents as I
was finishing up some work.
– a quiet, well equipped office which helped a lot to make me productive in
my last days in Cameroon.
– Spring Rolls at L'Orient Rouge — delicious!
– Gmail that has saved everything and is so fast to search.
– everyone who bought my stuff.
– Yusuf for dealing with the authorities to get my Exit visa and for
magically changing my Cameroonian francs into US dollars. Presto!
Some times I've been happy:
– when the party got going at my house and everyone seemed to be having a
– when I was happily ensconced on the bus with my bags safely stowed.
– reading Ellen Burstyn's book, Lessons in Becoming Myself.
– watching "Friends" in French, even if I only understood every third word
– as I was compiling the resutls of CMWA's IT audit
– creating an accounting system for NWADO and learning about OHADA
– editing and posting the photos from my last days in Bamenda.